If you were thinking of a perfect sports partner who never makes excuses or tells you that you look thinner or with extra kilos, we present it to you. Do not miss the 6 benefits of exercising with your pet . Sure, it will be the ideal companion.
1. Always at your service
In general, a dog is chosen to do it, the good thing is that it will always be ready to go where you want.
2. Exercise twice
The advantage is worth two, since no matter what breed your dog is, he also needs to exercise daily to be healthy. According to Grisha Stewart, a dog trainer, they should get at least 45 minutes of activity a day.
3. Less stress for animals and humans
Your pet, just like humans, will feel calmer and happier after exercising, which will significantly reduce the chances of both of them suffering from stress.
4. A perfect excuse for you to exercise
According to a study by the University of Missouri-Columbia, having a pet is a more than valid reason for their owners to at least go for a walk every day; if they do not have it, they will not be committed to leaving. So, thank your pet for the calories it helps you burn every day and give you better blood circulation, among other benefits.
5. A healthy dog, an owner with ideal weight
According to the Northwestern Memorial Hospital Wellness Institute, obese people who went out for a year to exercise with their dogs managed to lose about 8 kilos, while their canine companions reduced their weight by 16%. According to the study, the event had a positive influence since it provided motivation, companionship and social support.
6. A pet not only for walking
With a dog you can always go for a walk, but you can also try other exercises; And if you don’t have a dog, there will be someone who has it and will lend it to you, delighted with life.
Tips for going out to exercise with your pet
- It is advisable to wear them with a harness.
- If you take short walks it is better to have small dogs.
- If you intend to run, skate or ride a bike, large dogs like the German Shepherd are ideal.
- With dogs like a Newfoundland, Labrador retrievers or poodles you can go swimming, they generally like water, but make sure they do first. For your safety, put on a dog life jacket.
- Dogs like the Beagle, Jack Russell terriers and bloodhounds are perfect for practicing yoga, there are already sports centers in countries like the United States where they teach yoga classes for dogs that they practice together with their owners.
Do you exercise with your pet ? Tell us what benefits you find by doing it!